Kington St Michael village (population approximately 700) is situated three miles from the market town of Chippenham and two miles from the M4 junction 17. The village has a church, café, shop and public house and is in a farming area. The school has grown significantly during the past years and has a catchment from the village of Kington St Michael and from the north side of Chippenham. We also welcome pupils from other catchment areas. The school enjoys close links with the church and the wider community.
The original school began in 1869 and was housed in the Church Hall. The new school, on its current site, was built in the late 1970’s. The school building is situated at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac of housing and is surrounded on two of its boundaries by open farmland. The school is divided into five permanent classes - two of which are housed in a modern mobile classroom. One classroom is in a purpose built log cabin. There is a multi-purpose hall, library and music room and areas for group teaching. We have extensive playing fields and playground areas as well as a Nature Area with pond. Reception and Year 1 have their own outdoor classroom areas.