Why choose our school?
- Children, staff and parents are happy
- Judged Outstanding in all areas—Ofsted, November 2014
- Judged Outstanding in all areas—SIAMS, October 2016
- Great Academic Results
- Reception children are in a single year group class, ensuring they make the best possible start to their primary education
- French and other languages taught from Reception through to Year 6
- Excellent, bespoke intervention for children requiring support
- Experienced SEND coordinator
- High Fliers programme to challenge the more able
- External Sports coaching on school’s hard standing and grass sports fields
- Winners of the Library Summer Reading Challenge every year since 2011
- 21% children involved in specialist music lessons within school
- High quality and varied after school clubs
- Highly motivated, experienced and talented staff
- Very positive relationships with parents and excellent ParentView feedback
- Quality hot school lunches
- Outstanding attendance figures
- Dedicated Bus service from Cepen Park
- Quality outdoor classrooms and regular use of local woods for “forest school” activities
- Residential and day trips tailored to promote learning
- Dedicated Music Room, Library, Nature Area, Amphitheatre and outdoor classrooms for Reception and Year 1
"We couldn't be happier with the progress our daughter has made"
"The teachers are all very approachable and willing to discuss our children's progress at any time"
"Fantastic friendly teachers who also seem to see the best in all children and how to help their individual needs"
"Excellent teaching, focusing on my child's strengths and weaknesses"
"Absolutely fantastic on behaviour, being kind and anti-bullying. Spot on!"
"A wonderfully caring school in a lovely setting"
"My child's teacher is always looking out for the wellbeing of my child, as are all the staff, and it is really noticeable how much all the KSM staff care about all the children"
"Our child has grown massively in confidence this year, supported by feeling safe in the school environment"
"Fantastic head teacher, faultless. She leads a fabulous team!"
"You can see how much the new head teacher loves her job. Her passions shines through and I believe it rubs off on all the staff and the children."
"I cannot recommend KSM enough, we feel so lucky our child is there"
"We are incredibly happy with the school. Lockdown has highlighted that the school can cope very well with adversity. Our child is making great progress through the care and dedication shown by all the teachers and staff."
"Thank you for continually going the extra mile to keep developing the school and making it a great place to learn"
"The school goes from strength to strength"
“I like that everyone is included in all lessons and if you need help, the teachers will give you guidance"
"I like lots of things but mostly I like how we are all a big school community and we all know each other and everyone is nice to everyone"
"I like that everyone is involved in all activities and that we work hard when we need to, but have fun as well"
"I like the experiments in science because you learn a lot from them and it is also really exciting! The teachers are really kind and help you with any problems"
"I love this school so much that every day I am excited to go to school."
"The teachers and teaching assistants are supportive of us all and will always help us when we need it"
"I love my school, it is amazing. The teachers and teaching assistants are fabulous. I have lots of friends who always look out for me. My head teacher is really kind and if you are stuck she will come and help you."
"Everyone is smiling and I am comfortable in my classroom"
"I enjoy learning new things in all different subjects and I like playing with my friends. The teacher makes everything as fun as possible"
100% of parents feel that their child is safe at school
98% of parents feel that their child is making good progress
98% of parents feel that their child is well taught
98% of parents would recommend our school to another parent
“Kington St Michael is a warm and welcoming Christian community. Relationships at all levels are outstanding. The school, through its distinctive Christian character, is outstanding meeting the needs of all learners. Children say that understanding their own special qualities and attributes boosts their self- confidence and self- worth. This, is turn, ‘motivates them to live up to the expectations they have been given’ by their teachers.
(SIAMS Inspection Report—Oct 2016)