Why choose our school?
- Children, staff and parents are happy
- Judged Outstanding in all areas—Ofsted, November 2014
- Judged Outstanding in all areas—SIAMS, October 2016
- Great Academic Results
- Reception children are in a single year group class, ensuring they make the best possible start to their primary education
- French and other languages taught from Reception through to Year 6
- Excellent, bespoke intervention for children requiring support
- Experienced SEND coordinator
- High Fliers programme to challenge the more able
- External Sports coaching on school’s hard standing and grass sports fields
- Winners of the Library Summer Reading Challenge every year since 2011
- 53% children involved in specialist music lessons within school
- High quality and varied after school clubs
- Highly motivated, experienced and talented staff
- Very positive relationships with parents and excellent ParentView feedback
- Quality hot school lunches
- Outstanding attendance figures
- Dedicated Bus service from Cepen Park
- Quality outdoor classrooms and regular use of local woods for “forest school” activities
- Residential and day trips tailored to promote learning
- Dedicated Music Room, Library, Nature Area, Amphitheatre and outdoor classrooms for Reception and Year 1
"A great school – cannot be improved."
"The degree of attention given to each child is so good to see."
"The teachers are always approachable and show great understanding of each child."
"Class teachers have gone out of their way to support parents with homework and how to help their children to learn."
"Teaching staff and TAs work hard to ensure that our child and all pupils maximize their potential."
"My child was very nervous initially about starting school but conquered this quickly with support from staff."
"I cannot praise this school and the staff enough. My child could not attend a better one. I’d question anyone who said anything negative!"
"A lovely school and a nice environment for the children and visiting parents. We are very pleased with our choice of school – it is everything we had hoped for our children."
"We are very happy with the school and feel that our child is making good progress not only educationally / academically but also socially and emotionally as well."
(Parent Questionnaire - June 2018)
“A really lovely school with a warm and friendly atmosphere.”
“Our child often refers to her class as being one big family – what more could you ask for. “
“The school is extremely nurturing , treats pupils as individuals and accommodates their needs.”
“My child is learning in leaps and bounds thanks to the ambitious teaching .”
“My child has had 7 wonderfully enjoyable years at KSM. Without exception, each teacher and TA has made a positive impression and he leaves with a thirst for knowledge and love of learning.”
(Parent questionnaire—June 2017)
100% of parents feel that their child enjoys school and is safe
100% of parents feel that their child is making good progress
100% of parents feel that their child is well taught
100% of parents would recommend our school to another parent
“Kington St Michael is a warm and welcoming Christian community. Relationships at all levels are outstanding. The school, through its distinctive Christian character, is outstanding meeting the needs of all learners. Children say that understanding their own special qualities and attributes boosts their self- confidence and self- worth. This, is turn, ‘motivates them to live up to the expectations they have been given’ by their teachers.
(SIAMS Inspection Report—Oct 2016)