Our Worship Council was set up in January 2013. Because we are a Church of England school, we want to help our school community to understand and enjoy worshipping God. The members are elected by their classmates.
We are very pleased to welcome Jake, Fia, Alfie, Harper, Sophia, Charlotte, Maxi and Eloise as our new Worship Councillors.
Our first job was to help sort and pack up all our Harvest donations to be taken to the Doorway Project to help homeless people in Chippenham. We are making a special card to go with our gifts and to send our prayers and best wishes to them.
There were a lot of things which the Worship Council were unable to do last year due to covid, so we are going to be busy!
Our next job will be to help the school mark Remembrance Day in our worship and to lay the school wreath at the village church.
Our first full meeting to plan our year’s activities will be held on Wednesday 13th October at 9.10am.
Our plans for the year include:
- Leading Worship - we will lead assemblies on the Prayer box, Remembrance and Lent (this year we will have an ecological theme and talk about Carbonfast and using less of the world's resources during Lent).
- Making the new "How you can tell we are a church school" book.
- Making a new school display in the village church with the theme of looking after God's Creation.
- We will refresh the banner and collage and keep our reflection corners and Pause and Pray display looking good.
- In June, we will share our work and celebrate with the other schools in our cluster at the annual Worship Council get together
If you have any ideas on how we can improve worship at school or any questions about it, please ask a Worship Councillor!