Our Worship Council was set up in January 2013. Because we are a Church of England school, we want to help our school community to understand and enjoy worshipping God. The members are elected by their classmates.
This year, our worship councillers are Ryan, James, Tabitha, Pippa, George, Amelie, Eryn and Charlie.
They have made an enthusiastic start and are already working on introducing the Prayer space to the school, updating our "How you can tell our we are a church school" book and they are each making a new felt figure for the collage in the hall.
Our plans for the year include:
- Leading Worship - we will lead assemblies on the Prayer space, Remembrance and Lent (this year we will have an ecological theme and talk about Carbonfast and using less of the world's resources during Lent).
- Making the new "How you can tell we are a chuch school" book.
- Making a new school display in the village church with the theme of looking after God's Creation. We will do this by Easter.
- We will refresh the banner and collage and keep our reflection corners and Pause and Pray display looking good.
- We will take the lead in running fundraising events at breaktime to help raise money towards putting a toilet and hospitality unit in the church.
- In June, we will share our work and celebrate with the other schools in our cluster at the annual Worship Council get together
If you have any ideas on how we can improve worship at school or any questions about it, please ask a Worship Councillor!