Our Worship Council was set up in January 2013. Because we are a Church of England school, we want to help our school community to understand and enjoy worshipping God. The members are elected by their classmates.
This year, our Worship councillors are Sophia, Alfie, Abigail, Angus, Harper, Eloise and Oscar.
They have made an enthusiastic start and have been working hard making a beautiful card to go with our Harvest food donations to the Doorway Project and recording a Remembrance Assembly. Abigail and Angus went to church with Mrs Cavey to pray and lay a poppy wreath on behalf of the school for the first time.
The Worship council are also making a new "How to tell we are a church school" book and are looking forward to their new display board going up to share their news and plans with you. If you have any new ideas about making Worship even better, tell your Worship councillors.
Our plans for the year include:
- Leading Worship - we will lead assemblies on the Prayer space, Remembrance and Lent (this year we will have an ecological theme and talk about Carbonfast and using less of the world's resources during Lent).
- Making the new "How you can tell we are a chuch school" book.
- Making a new school display in the village church with the theme of looking after God's Creation. We will do this by Easter.
- We will refresh the banner and collage and keep our reflection corners and Pause and Pray display looking good.
- We will take the lead in running fundraising events at breaktime to help raise money towards putting a toilet and hospitality unit in the church.
- In June, we will share our work and celebrate with the other schools in our cluster at the annual Worship Council get together
If you have any ideas on how we can improve worship at school or any questions about it, please ask a Worship Councillor!