Our Worship Council was set up in January 2013. Because we are a Church of England school, we want to help our school community to understand and enjoy worshipping God. The members are elected by their classmates.
This year we are looking at the music we sing, we have set up and are looking after a Pause & Pray focus which helps us explore our termly value, and we are looking at developing our school entrance. We will help prepare for the church inspection. We will also plan & lead a collective worship.
Through working together with our classmates we have helped shape our worship by:
- Inspiring the Pause & Pray focus, through looking to improve class reflection areas
- Making a scrapbook to show how we know we are a church school
- Commissioning artwork for class reflection areas
- Meeting with Worship Councils from other schools
- Developing the space where we worship – the school hall. Which inspired some special pictures which the whole school helped to create
- We made a worship banner and an altar cloth
- We introduced a Prayer Box, and our local church pray regularly for us
- We created an outdoor reflective/prayer walk
- We helped design this web page
- We consulted on which version of The Lord’s Prayer we like to use
- We helped write guidelines for our visitors who lead assembly
- We introduced benches for Year 6 to sit on
- We organised a whole school competition to create new class prayers